2012年8月23日星期四

It’s a Beautiful Life, With or Without a Lip Brush- The New NARS Lip and Cheek Palette

It’s a Beautiful Life, With or Without a Lip Brush: The New NARS Lip and Cheek Palette

Advertisement



nars beautiful life palette review swatches

The universe is filled with things I do not understand, things like Justin Bieber fever, Crocs, and why NARS chose not to include a lip brush in the Beautiful Life Lip and Cheek Palette ($55).

At first blush, it looks like a traveler’s makeup dream come true — compact, cute, with a convenient zippered case. The included mirror works well for on-the-go touchups, and by leaving out powder products (it comes with four lipsticks and two cream blushes), NARS eliminated annoying product cross pollination (when your powders spill all over your cream products). So smart!

They thought of everything — almost. I know NARS doesn’t usually include brushes with their palettes, but I wish they would have found room in this one for a lip brush. Beautiful Life is just so obviously designed for travel; a brush would have been a great addition. Of course, I’m a stickler when it comes to packaging.

That aside, what’s a palette without pretty colors, right? These go great together. NARS included a versatile mix of business and party shades here, and the blushes even double as highlighters, too.

I’m a little bummed about one of the products in the palette — Honolulu Honey lipstick. Honolulu is one of my favorite cities, but this Honey looks kinda cakey on my lips. It seems to do a bit better, though, when I use very little and apply it with my fingers. I may also just mix it with other lip colors to help it along.

nars beautiful life palette

nars beautiful life palette review swatches funny face
Funny Face

nars beautiful life palette review swatches roman holiday
Roman Holiday

nars beautiful life palette review swatches sexual healing
Sexual Healing

nars beautiful life palette review swatches honolulu honey
Honolulu Honey

nars beautiful life lip and cheek palette swatches
From left: Honolulu Honey Lipstick (a flesh-toned beige satin), Roman Holiday Lipstick (a sheer pastel pink), Funny Face Lipstick (a semi-matte fuchsia), Copacabana Multiple (a shimmery pearl) and Orgasm Multiple (a shimmery peachy pink). NOTE: The pic doesn’t include a swatch of Sexual Healing Lipstick.

Two-second summary? If you like zippered cases, smooth cream products, pretty colors and NARS, Beautiful Life might be a good place to go. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+

Edward, why you cheatin’ on Bella?

When I got back home from that photography class yesterday, all I wanted to do was rest, so I parked my bum on the couch and rented Remember Me on iTunes. It stars the melanin-challenged R. Patz, aka Vampire Edward Cullen, as a chronically rebellious romantic. Have you seen it?

Kinda depressing, but I thought R. Patz did a good job, even though I struggled to see him as someone other than Edward. I think the movie pushes him harder than the Twilight movies do (I don’t know if that’s saying a lot). It’s a heavy story, but at least it ends on a hopeful note.

Strangely, every time he kisses his love interest in the movie, I picture Bella going off, LOL!

Since we’re on the topic of blood suckers, did you catch True Blood last night? What did you think? Whoa! Lots of nekkidness, am I right?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论