2012年8月18日星期六

What Do I Wear There- Conservative Occasions

What Do I Wear There? Conservative Occasions

Conservative romantic outfit

Product Information: Tights: Asos.com, Shirt: Karenmillen.com, Skirt: TopShop.com, Cardigan: Johnlewis.com Coach Outlet Store, Flats: Piperlime.gap.com

This look is a bit of a romantic take on a conservative look. It would be perfect for any functions you may need to attend in February, which as all of us girls know, is the most romantic month of the year! This look would work for a dinner with family or any event where you want to look very put-together but still young and feminine.

The ruffles take the plain white blouse up a notch and look very vintage and adorable with a dusty rose colored skirt. Throw on a dark, classic crew-neck cardigan if you are going somewhere that requires you to cover up a bit more (or if it’s cold)! The styling is very much in the details for this look, as I picked tights with tiny hearts of them and shoes with ruffle detail reminiscent of the top.

For hair and makeup, I think the loose braid above (from Alexander Wang’s SS ’10 runway) would be perfect–a loose, delicate side braid and minimal makeup offset the intricate detailing of the outfit perfectly Cheap Jerseys!

Look Two: Quirky Conservative

Conservative and quirky outfit

Product Information: Top: Monsoon.co.uk, Skirt: Johnlewis.com, Tights: Barneys.com, Blazer: Forever21.com, Heels: TopShop.com

This look shows that “conservative” does not have to equal boring! My inspiration for this look came from two very different sources that consistently make conservative look cute.

The first piece I found for this look was the bright yellow top, which I instantly loved since the material and shape allow you to have fun with your look while staying covered up. It reminded me of “Glee’s” resident quirky fashionista cheap louis vuitton bags, Emma Pillsbury! (Learn how to dress like her here.) I channeled Emma’s fun use of colors and patterns with a woolen, tweed-like pencil skirt.

Of course, any time I think of tweed I automatically think of Chanel, so my second source of inspiration was a classic Chanel suit. Chanel suits are classic pieces, but Karl Lagerfeld always manages to keep them interesting. One way he does this–much like Ms. Pillsbury–is by mixing textiles. To attempt a similar look, I added detailed tights to the outfit. I then introduced a blazer for some extra coverage. To finish the look, I added one last spin on classic with an updated Mary Jane heel.

The result is a modern take on a sort of 70′s conservative look. I think wearing this outfit would be a great way to stand out in something like a scholarship interview, where the panel is sure to appreciate the pop of color! For hair and makeup, either channel Emma Pillsbury’s sweet, girlish waves and just-bitten lips, or go for the slightly more business-like look of pulled back hair, mascara, and matte skin.

Look Three: Keepin’ It Classic

Classic conservative outfit

Product Information: Dress: Modcloth.com, Cardigan: TopShop.com, Necklace: Zappos.com, Oxfords: Modekungen.se, Tights: Looklet.com

My last look is the most basic of the three, but I still tried to be a bit innovative by punching it up with some awesome accessories. If you have something slightly more formal to go to, take your cues from this look Coach outlet online!

The little black dress I chose is a simple shift that is plain enough to allow for embellishments. Nudes are still super hot for spring, so I went with a very light, almost cream colored cardigan.

Now for the fun Coach Factory Online! First, I found a great pair of floral-print tights. These can be substituted for whatever tights are in your closet, including opaque ones in different colors (just make sure they are not too bright). Plain opaque tights would be better for a more formal event. Next, I added a detailed charm necklace that will grab attention when draped over the simple black dress.

Finally, I picked a pair of oxford flats to make the look modern–if oxfords are not your style, though, go for a chic pair of low black heels or some embellished flats. A simple chignon, mascara, and a light application of blush will complete this classic look!

What Do You Think?

Would these outfits work for any conservative events you have coming up? Do you have any specific looks you like to wear for more conservative occasions? How would you change these up to match your personal style? Let us know in the comments!

And if you have any “What Do I Wear There?” questions, let me know below. Yours may be featured in the next article!

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论