2012年5月12日星期六

Forget accidental faces – this handbag has an act

Forget accidental faces   this handbag has an actual face ModCloth Shes Got Purseonality BagShe’s Got Purse-onality Bag, $59.99 via ModCloth

In fact, not only does the ModCloth She’s Got Purse-onality Bag have a face, but it also appears to have arms and feet. All it needs is a jaunty little hat, and it’d be all ready to go…I don’t know, what do our bags do when we’re not using them? I think mine have a party under my bed, personally.

Anyway, that’s not the point. The point is that some people (including my mother) see faces on handbags everywhere they look. Some of the bags in my collection – the Celine Luggage Tote cheap jerseys, the Balenciaga Day Bag, the Marc Jacobs Stam – are well known to some people for their strategically placed hardware and zippers, which can combine to crate a bagface if the purse is left sitting in the right position. (Or, with the Celine Luggage Tote, in any position at all.)

Personally, I don’t see bagfaces until someone point them out to me. I must have killed that synapse with cheap beer in college, because it’s not firing anymore. Even I can see the face on this one though, which may or may not be “inspired” by an Hermes Kelly with a face of which I cannot find a picture, which means it’s a little too obvious. And by “a little too obvious” I mean, hey, tone it down a little bit. We get it. You’re super adorable and twee and your bag is smirking and waving at us. If nothing else, though, this gives me a compelling argument against the people who tell me that my Celine’s face is distracting. Buy through ModCloth for $59.99.

没有评论:

发表评论