2012年5月12日星期六

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor A Hunger Games

Advertisement



the hunger games

“I use a technique one of the doctors suggested. I start with the simplest things I know to be true and work toward the more complicated. The list begins to roll in my head…” – Katniss Everdeen, Mockingjay

My name is Karen. I am 36 years old. My home is in Novato, California, also known as District 12. I have read the The Hunger Games twice. I am counting down the minutes to the midnight premiere of the movie tonight. I will be wearing makeup inspired by Katniss and Cinna as I chomp down on popcorn in the middle of the night. :)

Cinna’s trademark simple golden eyeliner was my jumping off point for this look, and then I tried to imagine what Katniss might look like if she were out hunting in the woods on a summer day. For that, I added bronze cheeks and a nude, slightly shiny lip.

district 12
On my eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Soba and NARS Eyeshadow in Cyprus on lids; MAC Super Slick Liquid Eye Liner in Pure Show and Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner on the upper lash line; Dolce & Gabbana Khol Pencil in True Black on the upper waterline; MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge on the lower lash line and waterline; Urban Decay Cannonball and Buxom Amplified Lash on upper and lower lashes

NOTE: If you haven’t read the books yet, don’t worry. Like all most of my obsessions, this one (probably) won’t last forever. :)

But if you have read the books, aren’t they great!? I’ve always believed that science fiction ultimately isn’t about robots and aliens, even in stories where they appear. It’s about how ordinary people react in extraordinary circumstances. In The Hunger Games, I admire how the main character, Katniss, just a regular girl, rises to the challenges before her. She learns to face her fears and becomes stronger for others.

team buttercup
Cheeks: MAC Face Powder in Flower Fantasy and NARS Blush in Madly; Lips: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug

I wonder if I’ll ever need to step up to the plate (whatever kind of plate that might be)… If I do, I hope I can be strong for myself and for others.

may the odds be ever in your favor

Your friendly neighborhood beauty tribute,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论